Chef Meir Adoni, 40, married to Orian and father to Ofek, Leeyam and Yatir. For the last decade has been considered to be the leader of the elite culinary in Israel.
Adoni is a gentleman of creation: leading his three restaurants (Catit, Mizlala and BlueSky), producing boutique catering events, participating in live television shows, writing books and apps, and is known as a worldwide culinary lecturer, while still going strong…
Catit, his first restaurant, was established in 2002 and has become a culinary institution – just a day after its opening. Today, Catit is a known for its virtuoso leadership in culinary creativity in Israel and is being praised worldwide.
In 2011, Meir Adoni has opened the Mizlala, the kicking younger sister ofCatit. The Mizlala is a modern bistro, with a large bar, imaginative cocktails and a playful and up-to-date atmosphere.
During 2013, Chef Adoni has launched BlueSky restaurant on top of the Carleton Hotel. The restaurant looks out to the spectacular coastline of Tel Aviv, and on its other side gazes on the urban landscape of the city. BlueSkyoffers a rich, state-of-the-art and kosher experience, ranging from small dishes beside a refreshing cocktail to a three meal course from the Chef’s kitchen.
Throughout the years, Chef Adoni combined culinary creations alongside continuing his education in the world’s finest institutions, including: Alinea restaurant in Chicago, Arzak in San Sebastián, La Maison Lenôtre in Paris, Cello Wine Bar in New York, Le Cordon Bleu in Sydney, Noma in Copenhagen, etc.
- In 2003, Adoni has written the “The Seven Last Seduction Desserts” book
- In 2007, was elected Chef of the year by “Time Out” magazine and “Maariv” daily newspaper, while participating and winning the first season of the “Chef Knife Fight” reality TV show on national TV.
- In 2009, was invited by the distinguished culinary institution: The Culinary Institute of America, to give lectures about modern Israeli cuisine.
- In 2011, was chosen by The James Beard Foundation to be the honorary chef of the 100 Years Celebrations of Tel Aviv, in New York.
- In 2013, “Time Out” London has chosen Catit and Mizlala as the best restaurants to eat in Tel Aviv.
- In 2013, Chef Adoni launched a cooking app: “Mind Watering”, which was chosen by Apple Inc. to lead its global applications campaign.
- In December 2013, National TV will broadcast the “Mentor Chef” program, hosted by Chef Meir Adoni.